Monday, September 04, 2006

 

Onam Special

The last Onam I properly celebrated was in 2001. (That statement makes me feel like an octagenarian reminiscing on the past)
I was staying with two of my friends in JP Nagar at that time. Our house, and three guys' houses planned to celebrate Onam together.
Onam was all about the big Sadya that year. One house decided to host the Sadya. Their job was only to make rice, buy banana leaf, and clean up the space so that we can sit down for a banana leaf lunch.
I remember that I made Avial. I don't remember what other dish we made in our house. Maybe rasam?
Surji's mom made payasam.
I can't say that the food was unforgettable, but the lunch definitely was. I don't think I'll ever have so much fun for Onam again.
Like I was telling my friend today morning - I've learnt to make much better Avial and Olan since then.
Happy Onam everyone!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?