Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

Scavenging and Packing Up

I'm moving base from Chennai to Mumbai. Hubby's getting transferred, and I'm following, as any dutiful wife should.

I've been scavenging at my mother's and father's ancestral homes for the new house. What they've thrown away as junk, I consider "Antique". I've been scavenging in the "Arai" (Literally room, but more like a dungeon - neither light nor air penetrates there easily) when I visited both ancestral homes last weekend.

Picked up quite a few things - An Uruli, an Eeya Chombu, A piece of wood which was once part of an Arai's wall, and was later framed as a wall hanging by one of my aesthetic aunts, a Kallan Bharani, a Para and an Idangazhi, a Chest of Drawers, a Letter Holder in wood, and many other stuff.

Dunno where I'm going to keep all these in my small Mumbai house, but I've asked my dad to engage Packers and Movers, and send all these to Mumbai soon.

This is an open invite for all my friends visiting Mumbai - do drop in and say a few oohs and aahs to make all the pains my dad will be taking to transport these worthwhile.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?