Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 

Long time..

Been long since I came here.

Updates:

Last week we had BCM celebrations at work. We had Ethnic Day on 24-th, and I spent the whole day dressed as an Iyer Maami. Was decked in Madisaaru and Temple Jewellery. Even had a Thiruku Poo in my Kondai.

We also had workplace decoration contest for which our wing got Second Place. Thanks to connectivity with US being down most of the day, 80% of the folks were on the aisles putting up streamers and baloons. Credit to my lungpower: I blew up around 100 of the 150 odd baloons we put up.

Janmashtami was on 26-th. Amma made lot of savouries - murukku, thattai, cheedai, athirasam... Vaibhav was a proper nuicance, and finally she had to put him to sleep before continuing with her work. I could not contribute, as the whole week was hectic and I was going home late everyday :(

Am taking a certification exam in October. So what with study grp meetings at work, and self preparation at home and during the bus journey, I hardly get to read any books now :( Am reading "The Secret Garden" by Francis Hodgson Burnett currently. It's a childrens book. Did I tell u I love childrens' books?

Vibes, be prepared to fight with me for who'll read the Amar Chitra Kathas, Fairy Tales and Enid Blytons from the library first.

Comments:
Hey "Divya Maami" is not a bad name at all..keep writing
 
Man! i missed it :( I could have come dressed Gujju style :p
Sigh...the flip side of being a 'maami' in oohsah :)
Am sure i would've contributed to my wing's decorations even if the US lies weren't down :D
 
Btw, u r tagged so do the needful :)
 
Hmm - did I tell you anytime? Secret Garden is one of my favs...its my 'sick' book...whenever I am burning with fever or something - I fish it and read it...And then its all magic :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?