Thursday, July 07, 2005

 

Of Vibes

Vibes is my son. Vaibhav.

He is all of 2 years 3 months old now.

People tell me he is a very sweet and obedient child. Little do they know the tantrums he throws at home!

It is his granny who gets to handle most of his tantrums. I get the reports when I get home from work.

The other day he wanted to wear his granny's spectacles and walk around! He was holding on to her saree pallu, and not letting go...

"Paatii.... kannaadi.... pease!!!!!"

No go. Paati ignores him.

Rolling on the ground.. "Kannaadii..... kannaadii.... peeease..........."

Finally he had to be made to forget the kannaadi with offers of chocolate (Big thank u to my best friend who got him a big stock of chocolates from Germany)

He started going to Play school last month. His school is called Apple Kids.

Everyday I ask him:
"School-ls enna panninai?" (What did you do in school)

"Ayuthen naan" (Cried, I did) is his proud answer. Looks like he thinks it is a proud achievement to cry in school every day.

"Teacher Akka enna sonnaa?" (What did Teacher say)

"Shh... Vaibhav, don't cry"

"Appara enna sonna?" (What else did she say)

"Raghupati.. " (Claps and sings Ragupati Raghav Raja Ram..)

After starting school, it is a delicate process to get him ready to go out. Every time we dress him in good clothes he stars saying "Apple kids no...." He wants his grandma to lock up his school bag inside the cupboard, and his grandma and I should be carrying our handbags (that's a sure sign that we aregoing out). ALso, on reaching the main road, he'll say "Left... Left..." as Right turn takes us in the direction of his school.

Yesterday he was all ready to go to school, but the school van didn't turn up. My aunt had come to visit us, and offered to drop him in her car. He gladly got into the car, turned to paati and said "paati, dum dum kalyaanam polaamaa?" (shall we got for the wedding?) 'coz on monday he skipped school and went for a wedding with his Paati, and thought he's going to be able to playing truant again.

His latest hobby is helping Paati. Most days when i reach home in the evening, he'll be pottering around and say "Paati help pannaren". One day I went home and could not find him in the living room or in the bed room. I checked in the kitchen, and he was trying to fill the water bottle from the water can. He had not spilt a drop, and was trying desparately to close the tap before water overflows(he still doesn't know how to). He gave me a guilty look and said "Amma thanni off pannu". My angel, I didn't know whether to hug you or scold you!

Comments:
Hug him, of course. How can u dream of Scolding him? naaah, never :)

damn i miss him.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?